Monday, June 22, 2009

My schedule

OK ... Here's a quick post about my travel plans over the next few weeks ...

NC
SC
Georgia
Alabama
Tennessee
Mississippi
Lousiana
Texas
New Mexico
Arizona
Utah
Wyoming
South Dakota
North Dakota
Montana
Idaho
Washington
Alaska

Parts of the trip I'm most looking forward to ...

The Lousiana Bayou and New Orleans ...
- Grand Canyon and Utah, where I'll be joined by a BITSian friend, AB, for a week ... July 4th weekend, and it'll be as hot as hell in the canyon ...
- Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore, joined by a former colleague, friend and travel partner, MS ... Have already taken 3 trips in the US with him - California, Florida and DC ...
- Alaska ... Another 10 day trip with MS in Aug ... We're renting an RV and heading out into the Alaskan wilderness ...

The rest of the trip I'll be alone, roughing it out in the wild ... Did I mention that I'll be avoiding hotels and motels throughout the trip? ... Planning on staying only in camping sites at National and State Parks ... Of course, that's what I've resolved right now ... But 120 degrees of heat in the desert, along with insects and snakes can get very persuasive ... As Jimmy Buffet says, "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it" ... Or as Bunty and Babli say, "Chaand ka tika matthhe lagake, raat-din taaron mein jeena bhi na easy nahin" ...

Hum chalein abhi ... More later ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home