Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back again ...

It's been a while since I last wrote ... More than a year ... Lots has happened since then ... But let me go bit by bit, avoiding the information overload ...

I spent 3 amazing months in Seattle last summer completing a summer internship with Microsoft ... At the end of it, I got an offer from them for joining full time ... Great package and benefits, so it goes without saying that I accepted without hesitation ... Second year passed faster than I could have imagined ... Lots of travel then too ... Florida, DC, Connecticut and China for 2 weeks on the Second year GBE ... That was plenty fun - spent 3 days in Beijing , a week in Shanghai and 3 days in HK ... Have loads of pics and loads to tell about that trip, but maybe I'll save it for another blog ...

Came back and spent the last quarter at Darden ... Didn't get as psenti as I thought it might ... Before I knew it, graduation was upon us ... One thing I was glad about was that my parents were able to make it to the ceremony all the way from India ... They had plans to reach here a week before graduation and stay for 2 weeks after that ... So I had spent a lot of time in my last quarter preparing for that trip ... Made reservations, bought tickets, planned out a detailed itenary, bought a car ...

They were leaving on June 1st, and I had 3 months of free time with me before I joined at Seattle on Aug 31st ... Visa complications made it difficult for me to leave the country (although on a positive note, this year everyone had their H1s approved) ... So what to do with this much free time? ...

Road trip! ... And not just a one week trip from coast to coast ... I had plans to pack all my stuff in my car (yes, I don't have much of it), and head out west on an extra-special, once in a life-time kind of a road trip ... 6000 miles, 100 driving hours and 7 weeks of being out in the open road ...

The next few entries on this blog will go towards maintaining a detailed travelogue of my journeys ... Please do follow it and leave your comments
behind ... I promise, it'll be fun!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home