Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Graduation

Well ... This was the main reason for my parents visit ... Graduation time ... These two years have flown by pretty fast ... I'm pretty glad my parents were able to make it for the occasion ... This was a big event for me ... I was so busy wrapping up my last quarter and making arrangments for my parents trip here that the "bigness" of the event did not hit home till pretty late ... Like when I actually went on stage to collect my degree ...

This was an event held the Friday before ... A reception in the Pepsico forum to welcome parents and visitors ...





The next afternoon we had the traditional Darden Pig Roast organized by professor Sherwood Frey ... 24th year running ...













A sweet card my Mom and Dad gave me on Graduation day ...



Waiting backstage with the rest of the class ... waiting to emerge to collect our degrees ...



Collecting the degree from the Dean ... This was the moment!

Missing my sis here ... Wish you could have made it here, Masha!


With the dude himself ... TJ ...
Interesting thing about Jefferson ... He was the president for two terms and one of the original drafters of the constitution ... Had done a lot for the country ... But on his gravestone he has been mentioned as the founder of the University of Virginia ... That's how proud he was of setting up this place ...

2 years, $120K, 600 cases (almost), 318 new friends (again almost) ... and it all comes down to this ...



In the words of Air Supply ... "I'd do it again, if I could ...'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home