Friday, December 31, 2004

THE BEGINNING

"In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit"

Words which started off a revolution in the fantasy world ... I could'nt think of a better way to begin my Blog than by paying this small tribute to Tolkienism, the only religion I've known ... Thanks John, for introducing me to the magical world of words ...

Once upon a time, I did keep a diary ... Ten years seems a long time away ... I was sincere in my efforts ... I would meticulously write down what I did everyday ... Starting from the time I got up to the time I went to sleep ... Dere (My Diary) would also occasionally be peppered with newspaper cuttings of events which I thought were important at that time ... My opinions on current affairs ... Anything which I felt the world would love to read when I became famous and published my autobiography! ...

Looking back, the whole thing looks extremely corny and silly ... The ramblings of a dreamy 15 year old ... But what I realize now is that it is not the precise recording of facts which I cherish, but the unintentional and uninhibited flow of ideas ... Ideas and opinions that I would have been proud of having even today ...

I would never have the time to keep a diary now ... But the closest I can come would be to start a blog ... And that's exactly what I've decided to do today, a few hours before the year 2005 will arrive ... I'll treat this as my new year resolution ... And hopefully this one won't share the same fate that my other new year resolutions have! ...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home